We are pleased to announce that the ARTES Future Preparation (formerly ARTES 1) Final Presentation Days for 2017 will take place at ESA ESTEC on Wednesday the 11th and Thursday the 12th of January 2017.
The objective of this annual event is to share the results of recently completed Future Preparation activities with interested parties from across the ARTES participating states. The Final Presentation Days represent a unique opportunity to gain an overview of all recent Future Preparation activities, and discuss them with colleagues from both ESA and across the satellite telecommunications sector.
Registration for the event is free and open to anyone based in the ESA ARTES Participating States. You can register by filling in the online form available here.
If you wish to book a hotel room and benefit from the special ESA negotiated rates, please contact the ESTEC Travel Office.
(subject to change)
Day 1: Wednesday 11 January
09:30 Welcome and ARTES Future Preparation Programme Overview (ESA)
- The Satcom sector: A year in Review (ESA)
- Satcom in 5G (ESA)
11:00 Session 1 – Strategy
- Strategic positioning of the European/Canadian Satcom Industry (Thales Alenia Space)
- Strategic positioning of the European/Canadian Satcom Industry (Avanti)
14:00 Session 1 – Strategy (Continued)
- Communications Constellation Capacity Assessment and Interference Analysis (ESA)
- Global Reach for Internet for All (Airbus Defence and Space)
- Cost effectiveness of satellite systems integrated with fixed broadband networks (Acreo)
16:00 Session 2 – Next Generation Systems
- Next Generation Mobile Satellite Systems (Thales Alenia Space)
- Next Generation Mobile Satellite Systems (Airbus Defence and Space)
- Capacity Enhancement and Interference Management for Interactive Satellite Networks (Telesat)
18:00: Cocktail Reception
Day 2: Thursday 12 January
09:30 Session 3 – Technology Evaluation
- Roadmap for the introduction of photonic technologies based payloads (Thales Alenia Space)
- Future ground based beam forming solutions (Space Engineering)
- Fuel cells for extra-large telecommunication-satellites (Airbus Defence and Space)
- Nano satellites for commercial telecommunication services (Clyde Space)
- Standards Preparation for Satellite On The Move (SOTM) terminals (Fraunhofer
14:00 Session 4 – Secure Satcoms
- Next generation secure satellite networks (Thales Alenia Space)
- Next generation secure satellite networks (Airbus Defence and Space)
- Next Generation Tactical and Mobile Satcom Systems Study (e2e Systems)
ESA Focus Areas and Rolling Work Plan activities for 2017 (ESA)
16:30 End of programme
NB: Exact session timings will be defined upon finalisation of the programme.