Qualification of 150W C-Band Radiation Cooled TWT
Qualification of 150W C-Band Conduction Cooled TWT.
- RC design
- High power design
- Improved multi-stage collector
Today, the highest power in C-band is 125 W and only in conduction cooled version. The trend to move to higher power and the request of radiation cooling version will create a large opportunity to market the new high power radiation cooled C-band TWT immediately after finalization of the development and qualification.
Technology and process qualification on subassembly and TWT level:
- High Power gun
- Multi-stage collector – on subassembly and tube level (TV, VT)
- Radiation cooled design and Conduction cooled design available
- TNC RF output (multipaction)
- Output Power 150W
- Efficiency Improvement
- Increased bandwidth
Project divided 5 Phases:
- Design Phase finalized by PDR
- Post Development Phase
- Validation Phase finalized by CDR
- Verification Phase finalized by TRR
- Final Phase
The qualification of for the new design 150W C-Band CC and RC Version was successfully performed. The project is closed.