The project will perform the following actions:
- Organising the specification documents into a modular structure in order to ease system implementation and deployment, as well as documents writing, proofreading, and maintenance;
- Supporting the DVB-RCS group in assessing the received CfT proposals with a transparent and sound technical approach;
- Providing, wherever needed, technical expertise in support to the DVB-RCS meeting discussions for the CfT proposal selection;
- Supporting the DVB-RCS group in harmonizing and integrating the selected CfT proposals into a well defined and clear standard;
- Providing support to the DVB-RCS-NG guidelines preparation;
- Supporting the DVB-RCS group and ESA in identifying future actions aimed at fostering the implementation of the new standard with reduced costs and time to market.
The project process supported the DVB-RCS Next Generation (RCS-NG) standardization process by:
- Identifying a reference system architecture for the DVB-RCS NG standard;
- Performing an independent review and evaluation of the Call for Technologies submissions received by the TM-RCS working group;
- Identifying solutions for the integration and harmonization of the Call for Technologies submissions selected by the TM-RCS working group after a formal evaluation for being implemented in the DVB-RCS NG standard;
- Providing recommendations for future activities in support of the new standard and elaboration of a Table of Contents for DVB-RCS NG Implementation Guidelines.
The project provided support to the standardization process of the Next Generation of the DVB-RCS standard by making available to the DVB-RCS Study Group competencies, experiences, and simulation capabilities used in assessing and harmonizing technologies submitted to the Call for Technologies.
According to the DVB-RCS Call for Technologies the following concept architecture will be considered:
Proposals submitted to the Call for Technologies will be organized into four areas according to their content: physical layer (PHY), MAC layer, High Layer Satellite (HLS), and System and Management (S&M) level.
The proposals will be assessed against technical and commercial requirements according to the procedure defined by the DVB-RCS TM. For competitive proposals, a more detailed assessment will be carried out in order to define their performance in comparable scenarios.