In the scope of the project SkyWAN® Release 7.2 several new features are provided: extended site redundancy options, added comfort for site installations, Chinese User Interface for SkyNMS, and integration with the SWE-DISH CCT portable user terminal.
See Features above.
The major benefits of the new SkyWAN® Release 7.2 features are:
- Further simplification of line-up,
- Extended redundancy options for operation critical applications. In addition to the SkyWAN® IDUs in the active paths, now also IDUs in the inactive paths are manageable,
- SkyNMS network management system for Chinese market
- Cost saving of ODU and satellite capacity,
- SkyWAN® networks can use the SWE-DISH CCT terminal. From now on, SWE-DISH terminals are available for SkyWAN networks.
The key features and key issues of the project are:
Robust and Easy Line-up
- The procedure for line-up is further simplified.
New Station Redundancy Concept
- IDUs in the inactive path is now manageable via satellite by SkyWAN®´s network management system SkyNMS.
click for larger image
Adaptation of SkyNMS to the Chinese Market
- A Chinese User Interface of SkyNMS is now provided.
Integration of SkyWAN with the SWE-DISH portable terminal
- The boards of SkyWAN®´s new IDU 1070 are now integrated into terminals of SWE-DISH, which are utilised at harsh outdoor conditions.
The project has successfully finished. The final review took place on October 14th, 2011.