This is an annual event for European and Canadian Industries plus ESA technical experts to showcase the latest developments in the domain of optical activities under the ScyLight umbrella and beyond. It will be a unique opportunity to gain an overview of all on going activities and to discuss them with colleagues from both ESA and industry across the satellite telecommunications sector.
The event will consist of panel discussions, pitch talks, general and specialized presentations delivered by industry and ESA experts, highlighting the progress and the achievements made within the optical communications community. For each of the thematic lines [see table], interested participants may request the opportunity to have a Pitch Talk. You can propose a presentation of maximum 30 minutes, during the registration process. The deadline for Pitch Talks is 22nd of May 2019.
This event was first held in 2018, with more than 25 presentations by industry and ESA, attracting 120 participants. The 2019 event will again be a unique opportunity to:
- Advertise the achievements of the ESA ARTES ScyLight programme and the optical community in general.
- Get the latest information on ESAs plans on Optical Communications for the upcoming Ministerial Council SPACE19+
- Disseminate the results from recently completed technology and product developments to a broad and diverse audience
- Cover a wide range of developments from different technical domains
- Provide a forum for attendees to form networks, invite for cooperation and to understand the latest technologies and products that have been developed
- Meet ScyLight Team members and national delegates
The annual workshop will take place from 5th to 6th June 2019 at Hotel Athenee Palace Hilton, Bucharest - Romania.
The Gala Dinner will take place on Wednesday 5th of June at the Palais Ghica Victoria.
For detailed information and registration, click HERE.
This event is organised by ESA/TIA in collaboration with the ESA/TEC Opto-electronics team.