The work to be done in this activity was initially organized into six tasks:
- Task 1: Definition of Reference Output Section Architectures and Relevant Metrics
- Task 2: Critical Review of Reference Architectures and Technologies
- Task 3: Identification of Advanced Output Section Architectures and Technologies
- Task 4: Preliminary Design of Advanced Output Sections
- Task 5: Roadmaps
- Task 6: Evaluation of Return on Investment
Under Task 1, the Contractor was to identify the reference mission scenarios, platform constraints and output section architectures and technologies to be used as benchmarks for the assessment of the innovative concepts to be studied in the activity.
Under Task2, the Contractor was to make a critical assessment and identify the bottlenecks for the reference architectures
Unde Task 3, the Contractor shall propose and pre-select advanced innovative architectures and technologies to be assessed in the study. The proposed concepts were to be agreed and approved by ESA at an Advanced Architectures Selection Meeting (AASM).
Task 4 was dedicated to the preliminary design and performance assessment of the approved architectures and technologies. This task was to result in a Preliminary Design Review (PDR).
Finally, the roadmaps for the development of the different concepts was to be prepared (Task 5) and an assessment of the Return on Investment (RoI) made for the different solutions and presented to ESA and Satcom Operators (Task 6).