This activity targets the development of a Q/V-band Rx/Tx Diplexer for ground stations, efficiently covering full gateway uplink and downlink spectrum.
Development of a 500 W Q/V Diplexer, to be used in the future architecture of ground stations.
The development of this Q/V-band diplexer is a key enabler for future ground base stations based on Q/V-band feeder links with an efficient use of the spectrum.
- Rx Band - Q Band (37.5 - 42.5 GHz)
- Tx Band - V Band (47.2 - 51.4 GHz)
- Strong rejection in Tx Band (50.2 - 50.4 GHz)
- Materials (Invar, Aluminum) to minimize the dimensional changes due to the temperature variations (for power handling)
- High RF performances
The overall duration of the program is 15 months.
The program foresees a detailed design of a diplexer prototype, the realization of the prototype and the technology experimental demonstration.
The following milestones were established:
- A Preliminary Concept Review, at the completion of technology selection;
- A Design Review, at the completion of prototype design;
- A Test Review, at the completion of prototype implementation and testing;
- A Final Review and a Final Presentation, at the end of the activities.
The activities are completed.